37 Savvy Dollar Store Finds!
Money Strategist Camille Gaines helps women create a savvy rich life with powerful mindset shifts, lucrative income streams using their highest skills and smart investing prowess.
To get the Solutions for the 5 Most Common Money Mistakes Women Make ebook for free visit http://www.financialwoman.com/
There’s something unsettling about paying more for something when you know you can buy it for less somewhere else. Sometimes the convenience or time factor justifies paying a little extra, but dollar stores are one of those places where you can get items that are frequently half as much as they are at other stores.
Plus, they’re convenient and super quick since they’re usually very small, with parking right at the front door in quieter shopping centers. What’s not to love?
Quality is super important to me, as well as avoiding toxins, especially in certain types of products. You definitely have to be cautious about the quality of many of the items available for $1, and I tend not to buy consumables there. On the other hand, there are many items where quality is not really a huge factor. And the dollar store is the only place where I see certain old-fashioned items, like those huge boxes of wooden matches.
Here are 37 of my favorite and consistently in-stock dollar store finds:
- Helium balloon bouquets for birthdays and other celebrations
- Gift bags
- Paper for gift bags
- Wrapping paper
- Paper plates and cups for parties
- Mechanical pencils
- Paper clips and other office supplies
- Small yellow legal notebooks
- Sticky notes
- Puffy envelopes
- Greeting cards
- Votive candle holders
- Seasonal and holiday items
- Birthday candles
- Shower caps
- Large and small drinking glasses
- Wine glasses for parties
- Wooden matches – large and small boxes
- Buckets for cleaning and washing cars
- Garden gloves
- Handled brushes
- Package of flat disposable kitchen scrubbers
- Lighters-large and small
- Vases to use for gifts filled with flowers
- Light bulbs for nightlights
- Coloring and activity books
- Floral arrangement supplies
- Rocks for floral arrangements and other ideas
What a great place to teach children the value of a dollar! Give them $5 and allow them to choose how to use it. They get to select 5 items, so they feel like they get lots of goodies.