5 Mistakes Coupon Rookies make
Many of you out there are couponers. You wouldn't be here if you weren't right?
Well, when you are starting out, or if you want to start out, there are some mistakes that you can avoid that will help you save money and not get into fights at the store.
5. Read the fine print and know the store policies. Coupons have guidlines and restrictions that you might not know about that can create a headache at the checkout. The same goes for their policies. if you know what you are doing and what your store is going to do, you can save more quickly and more easily.
4. Don't miss out on opportunities to combine coupons. If you have a store coupon and a manufacturers coupon, they can often be used together. Combining your coupons will combine your savings!
3. Don't assume that if something is on sale that you don't need a coupon. You are just missing an opportunity to save more money! That's when you SHOULD be using that coupon. You could get something for cheap or even for free!
2. Make sure to follow size requirements listed on the coupon. If you buy too big or too small, you may be spending more than you need to.
1. Don't buy things you don't need just because it's cheap! If you don't need an item, you can save more money NOT buying it!