5 Ways to Reduce Sodium for Diabetics!
One important thing to remember about diabetes is that you don't have to just control your blood sugar. It is important to take care of all aspects of your health. Most importantly, you need to control your blood pressure. The best way to do this is by limiting your sodium intake. You can do this effectively by taking these 5 simple steps:
1. Limit the amount of salt you have around you. This will help to teach you to eat less salt and, eventually, get rid of it all together.
2. Use lemons instead of salt. It has a similar effect on your taste buds without actually using sodium.
3. Substitute other spices for salt. You can still get the flavor you want without the added salt.
4. Cook at home more. Restaurants and fast food add a TON of sodium to their food and simply avoiding that can help you manage your sodium better.
5. Keep track of what you eat. That way you know how much sodium you are injesting and where it is from.