How to Save on a Summer Wedding!
Summer Wedding Budgeting
Budgeting for a wedding can be extremely difficult! Did you know the average cost of a wedding in the United States is approximately $26,000? That's a huge amount of money to spend on one day!
Summer is known as wedding season so to save you money we have come up with a list of easy ways to cut costs! First you and your partner need to prioritize your wedding wants. The best way to do this is to each pick your top three must haves. Then you will know what is most important to each other!
Once you have established a few things that both of you must have to make your day perfect try out some of these ideas to cut costs:
- Book an alternative location- venues are pricey, try a park, backyard, museum or university instead!
- Cut down the guest list- do you really need to share your special day with your aunt's neighbors children? Probably not.
- Don't book on a Saturday- Saturday's are generally the most expensive days to get married, pick any other day!
- Go for big tables- with bigger tables you need fewer centerpieces, cutting down on the cost of a florist.
- Fake a cake- put an edible cake topper on top of a few pieces of cardboard covered in frosting. Cut the top and then serve your guests sheet cake that's hiding in the kitchen!
- Put real flowers on your cake- intricate sugar flowers are expensive, use real ones to save!
- Rent a food truck- instead of having a sit down dinner or buffet, rent your favorite food truck for the day.
- Host a backyard bbq rehearsal dinner- no need to spend massive amounts of money the night before your wedding, simply relax at home with everyone that matters most.
- Rent a house- have a venue and lodging all in one when you rent a house for your special day.
If you're curious how much your dream wedding will cost click here to use this wedding calculator. It's also a great tool to determine what may not be completely necessary!
If you or someone you know is getting married in the near future we wish you lifetime of happiness and savings!