If you’re used to shelling out a hefty sum for Halloween candy, then it’s time you learn how to leave this bad habit behind. How? By simply making your own candies!
You can make your own candy to get a tastier and more unique option for the trick-or-treaters by using these simple methods! Plus, kids would love to join you in this type of activity. You just might end up with the reputation as your neighborhood’s candy queen!
How do you make your own Halloween Candy Corn?
This is a classic Halloween treat and you can effortlessly make your own version!
You will need:
1 cup sugar 2 ½ cups powdered sugar
1/3 cup unsalted butter 1/4 teaspoon salt
2/3 cup corn syrup 1/4 cup powdered milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract Food coloring
1. Mix the corn syrup, butter and regular (granulated) sugar into a pot. Bring them to a boil, stirring constantly.
2. Let it boil for five minutes before taking it off the stove. Add the vanilla extract.
3. Now mix in the powdered sugar, powdered milk and salt.
4. Divide the mixture into three bowls.
5. Dye one bowl orange and one bowl yellow. Leave the third white.
6. Once cooled, roll the dough into long, thin logs on a cookie sheet. Arrange them in strips of three – one of each color.
7. Blend the colors together by lightly using a rolling pin. Then cut them into little triangles!
8. Once cooled, you’ll have your homemade candy corn!
How do you make your own Halloween Coconut Brain Candies?
Here’s a really easy recipe that will be sure to spark some conversation! Here is how you do it.
You will need:
3 ½ cups sweetened coconut flakes ¼ cup half and half
¼ cup softened butter 2 cups powdered sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Mix the ingredients together in a large bowl.
2. Grab an ice cream scoop and scoop the mixture out into a cookie sheet.
3. Shape into oval brain-like shapes. Use a knife to draw lines in the center and on the side for a little realism!
4. Chill in the refrigerator 1-2 hours before serving!
How do you make your own Halloween Chocolate Covered Bugs?
Kids and adults alike love this recipe! Here's how you should get started.
12 oz. chocolate chips
12 oz. butterscotch chips
1 pack chow mein noodles
1 pack peanuts
1. Melt chocolate chips and butterscotch chips in a double boiler.
2. In a large mixing bowl, empty your noodles and peanuts.
3. Once the sauce has melted, mix it well in a large bowl with your noodles and peanuts!
4. Drop spoonfuls of the bugs in a cookie sheet and chill in the refrigerator until firm.
These tasty, delicious and frugal candy treats will make you more than happy that you have decided to make your own Halloween candies this year. Now you can save your pockets from pre-packed candies that are more expensive and often taste generic!
Are you making your own Halloween candies this year? What other candy recipes do you have? Share them with us by writing your comments!