January 6, 2017
These Common New Year’s Resolution Will Save You Big Money
New Year, new you as you’ve probably heard over and over again recently. Some people don’t believe in New Year’s resolutions, while others do but let their good habits fade after just a few weeks. However, maybe we’d all be willing to stick to our goals a little bit more if we knew they were saving us big bucks!
Many common New Year’s resolutions actually save you money! The less you eat out, the fewer beers you consume all translates to more dollars in your pocket. If you didn’t make a New Year’s Resolution this year or aren’t committed to the one you made, check out these five resolutions that will save you money!
1) Quit Smoking- On average a pack of cigarettes costs roughly $6 to $8! If you smoke a pack a day that could equal almost $3,000 annually! Of course there are health benefits when you quit smoking but your wallet will thank you as well! If you want to calculate how much you spend on cigarettes
2) Get Organized- Many people feel that when they are physically organized their mind is more at ease. If your desk at work is cluttered, your mind may be as well. If you are more productive at work there is no reason why you won’t earn more money. Additionally, the less organized you are the more likely you are to lose things, thus they need to be replaced. Spending money on things that you’ve lost is an unnecessary expense.
3) Bike & Walk More- On average gas cost $2 per gallon across the United States. The more you bike and walk the less you’ll have to spend on gas! Not to mention if you live in a city and have to pay for parking, a bike doesn’t need a parking spot. If you’re really into biking, heck, sell your car and save money on vehicle insurance as well!
4) Drink More Water- If you drink soda, juice, beer and other beverages besides water regularly you could be tossing money out the window. A 12-pack of 12 ounce Coca-Cola cans cost $3.99 from Amazon Pantry. If you drink a can a day you’ll spend over $120 on Coca-Cola annually. Water is completely free if you don’t mind drinking it from your tap!
5) Watch Less TV- There are plenty of things you can do besides binge watch another season of your favorite show on Netflix. Most TV’s use about 80 to 400 Watts of power depending on the size and technology. If you run your TV for five hours a day that could easily equal over $100 per year in energy. If you vow to cut TV out of your life in general you can cancel all of your unnecessary subscriptions like Hulu, HBO, Showtime and more, saving you huge!
10 Products to Help You Get Organized in 2018
Get It Free Recommends
July 11, 2019
Get a $100 KFC Gift Card!
July 11, 2019
Get FREE Apple Airpods!
July 25, 2019
Get FREE Swiffer Samples!
Get a $100 Burger King Gift Card!
Get a FREE Sephora Clay Mask!
Enter to Win a $5,000 Target Gift Card!
Get FREE Tool Samples!
Get $75 Worth of Samples!